'Dashboard' tracks progress on 10 and Under Tennis
To monitor and report on the progress of 10 and Under Tennis, the USTA has created a “Dashboard,” which sets 2012 goals and tracks the initiative across various categories.
“While our ‘Dashboard’ may be new this year, we’ve been tracking our progress throughout the last few years,” says Scott Schultz, the USTA’s managing director for Youth Tennis. “For 10 and Under Tennis, 2011 was a tremendous year. The industry really pulled together and we had major growth in every category.”
Some of the key results from last year include:
- 4,371 facilities registered as 10 and Under Tennis providers in 2011, an increase of 209% from 1,414 in 2010.
- 3,444 36- and 60-foot courts were lined or built last year, nearly a 400% increase over 2010. Since the inception of the 10 and Under Tennis initiative, 5,006 smaller courts have been lined or built.
- Sales of the red, orange and green balls used for 10 and Under Tennis reached nearly 3.29 million. Before the 10 and Under Tennis initiative, balls sales in this category were less than 50,000 per year.
- The number of kids registered for and playing competitive events (USTA tournaments, USTA Junior Team Tennis, and Play Days) went from 15,308 in 2008 to 64,354 in 2011, an increase of 320%
|Qualified registered organizers/facilities on 10andundertennis.com||2,500|
|Permanent 36’ or 60’ courts or lines||3,200|
|Number of USTA Kids Tennis Clubs||600|
|Number of 10U Play Days||2,000|
|Unique participants in USTA Tournaments||13,500|
|Unique participants in JTT||21,300|
|Number of attendees at 10U training||11,850|
|Sales of red, orange and green balls||3,781,432|
TIA Update search
TIA Update items
- Tennis Leads Traditional Sports In Participation Growth Rate
- Attention Tennis Providers: Update or Add Your Information Now at GrowTennis.com!
- 2011 State of the Industry Report
- Retailers: Stock Up On 10 and Under Tennis Balls
- 'Dashboard' tracks progress on 10 and Under Tennis
- Tennis Retail A Key Focus At Industry Meetings
- Simple Message to Serve As a Rallying Call for Industry Growth
- Tennis Providers: What Does PlayTennis.com Mean for You?
- Resources for TIA Retail Members
- Business Assessment Program for Tennis Retailers