TWC of the Month: Homewood-Flossmoor Racquet and Fitness Club
The Homewood-Flossmoor Racquet and Fitness Club in Homewood, Ill., has a lot to be proud of. The club, which is 30 miles from Chicago, celebrates its 35th anniversary this year. This Park District Facility, which features 10 indoor courts and a fitness center, lap pool, wellness center, and conference room, has won numerous awards over the years. Named a Top 50 Tennis Welcome Center for the past two years, H-F also is a two-time National Park & Recreation Association Gold Medal winner, a USTA Facility of the Year, and USTA Member Organization of the Year.
Homewood-Flossmoor has been a Tennis Welcome Center since the program started in 2004. “We’ve always been a facility that has looked for something new to keep peoples’ interest or stimulate interest in the sport,” says Sylvia Gothard, H-F’s Racquet Sports Manager. “Having the TWC attached to our name makes us feel we have to go that extra mile. We want to stay one of the Top TWCs and we want to be a role model for the program.”
With what seems like an unlimited number of programs and events that get people excited and involved in the sport, it’s no wonder the facility has more then 3,800 family memberships. Their biggest event is the 10-day “Tennisfest,” which attracts more than 2,500 people.
New Tennis Welcome Centers
- Racquet Club of Warren, Warren, NJ
- Whitley Park, Bethesda, MD
- Woodland Park, Moreno Valley, CA
- Complejo Recreativo Dr. Roque Nido, Guayama, PR
- Quail Hollow Swim and Tennis, Raleigh, NC
- Mountain Home Athletic Club, Mountain Home, AR
- Highland Recreation Complex, Largo, FL
- Lake Oswego High School, Lake Oswego, OR
- Ebenezer Park, Florence, SC
- Veterans Park, Palm Bay, FL
- Ernie Sheldon Park, Folsom, CA
- Hendrix College, Conway, AR
- Mills Parole Elementary School, Annapolis, MD
TIA Update search
TIA Update items
- Tennis Leads Traditional Sports In Participation Growth Rate
- Attention Tennis Providers: Update or Add Your Information Now at GrowTennis.com!
- 2011 State of the Industry Report
- Retailers: Stock Up On 10 and Under Tennis Balls
- 'Dashboard' tracks progress on 10 and Under Tennis
- Tennis Retail A Key Focus At Industry Meetings
- Simple Message to Serve As a Rallying Call for Industry Growth
- Tennis Providers: What Does PlayTennis.com Mean for You?
- Resources for TIA Retail Members
- Business Assessment Program for Tennis Retailers