Family Circle Cup chooses Antigua Tennis
Peoria, AZ — For over twenty years, Antigua Apparel has worked hand in hand with some of the leading sporting events in the U.S., providing team and logoed apparel for the likes of Super Bowls, World Series and Ryder Cups. And now, for the second consecutive year, one of the premier women’s tennis events in the United States, the Family Circle Cup, has named Antigua Apparel as its official apparel sponsor for the tournament.
“The Family Circle Cup tournament represents many of the characteristics that we embody as a brand,” said Ron McPherson, President and CEO of Antigua Group. “The tournament has a distinct feel to it; the top players attend, but it retains that charm and feel of a smaller tournament. Similarly, Antigua apparel offers the same quality of larger brands, but we maintain a personal touch with our accounts through outstanding customer service. The Family Circle Cup also reaches out specifically to tennis leagues and teams, and those folks make up a large part of our target audience as well. We are glad to work with the tournament again this year.”
As part of the agreement, Antigua will outfit the officials, staff, volunteers and ball kids in addition to having a retail presence on site.
“Antigua did a phenomenal job for us last year,” said Bob Moran, General Manager/Tournament Director. “They brought a level of expertise to handling our tournament that’s uncommon in the industry; it was clear they’ve handled events like ours before, and that’s not to diminish the quality of the apparel, which is top shelf.”
This year the Family Circle Cup runs from March 30 to April 7 at its legendary home on Daniel Island in Charleston S.C. See more at FamilyCircleCup.com.
RSI.com News search
Latest RSI.com News
- TRX, TIA partner to launch TRX Cardio Tennis
- USTA and ESPN announce comprehensive partnership
- Gamma's new 60 Orange Dot and 78 Green Dot balls
- Laver to be honored with Eugene L. Scott Award
- Tennis Channel celebrates first decade with special
- Scheneiderman joins Tennis Channel
- Hewitt to play HoF Championships in July
- Venus and Roddick join WTT ownership
- Paola Longoria captures season title
- Tennis Channel statement on the passing of Drewett