Ashour wins U.S. Open
Egyptian Ramy Ashour won the Delaware Investments U.S. Open in Philadelphia this weekend. The 25 year old Egyptian won the final in straight games, taking out Frenchman Greg Gaultier 11-4, 11-9, 11-9. It is Ashour’s first U.S. Open title.
Dunlop, the leading brand in squash and Official Racquet and Ball for the event, had three of its tour team member make the semis. In addition to Ashour and Gaultier, Brit Nick Matthew made the final four.
In the 43 minute final, Ashour used his Biomimetic Max racquet to showcase the creative shotmaking that he’s known for the world over. But after a dominating first game, Gaultier sunk his teeth and Biomimetic Elite racquet into the match. The Frenchman fought back in both games, but it was ultimately Ashour who clinched the clutch points in each game.
“I was glad to be a part of this fantastic week for squash and Dunlop in Philadelphia,” said Kai Nitsche, VP and General Manager of Dunlop Racquet Sports. “Ramy, Greg, Nick and Amr head up the best Tour Team in the world and their results bore that out this week. It’s a testament to our product that they each trust Dunlop racquets with their game.”
RSI.com News search
Latest RSI.com News
- USTA and ESPN announce comprehensive partnership
- Gamma's new 60 Orange Dot and 78 Green Dot balls
- Laver to be honored with Eugene L. Scott Award
- Tennis Channel celebrates first decade with special
- Scheneiderman joins Tennis Channel
- Hewitt to play HoF Championships in July
- Venus and Roddick join WTT ownership
- Paola Longoria captures season title
- Tennis Channel statement on the passing of Drewett
- Carlbo Named PTR Professional of the Year