HEAD USA achieves best-ever first half sales
Phoenix, AZ — HEAD USA Racquet Sports Division has achieved its best ever [sales] for the first half of the year in company history. A 20% increase in HEAD branded racquet sport sales and a 12% increase in what was already a dominant Penn brand contributed to the strong first half income. Having a highly rated sales force, operations and marketing teams were keys to the success along with a new marketing campaign strategy and some of the world’s best tennis athletes.
“We are very excited about our first half results. Our team has been working hard, and we’ve really taken advantage of our new marketing strategies that have taken the brands to the next level,” said Greg Mason, Vice President Sales and Marketing Racquet Sports US.
HEAD’s new marketing campaigns have been player centric and have focused on digital and social media marketing tactics. Some of the world’s best tennis athletes Djokovic, Murray and Sharapova, have helped take HEAD to the next level. Novak Djokovic captured the Australian Open title earlier this year after coming off of a historic 2011 tennis season. Maria Sharapova captured her career slam after winning the French Open this year and taking the silver medal in women’s singles. Andy Murray made it to his first ever Wimbledon final and took the gold medal in men’s singles, capturing the hearts of fans around the world.
HEAD was able to combine players and marketing to maximize the impact. HEAD is now the racquet sports leader in Facebook fans which is another indication of the brand momentum.
“With a strong team and strong products, we have incredible momentum for both brands to post record results for the full year,” said Mason.
RSI.com News search
Latest RSI.com News
- TRX, TIA partner to launch TRX Cardio Tennis
- USTA and ESPN announce comprehensive partnership
- Gamma's new 60 Orange Dot and 78 Green Dot balls
- Laver to be honored with Eugene L. Scott Award
- Tennis Channel celebrates first decade with special
- Scheneiderman joins Tennis Channel
- Hewitt to play HoF Championships in July
- Venus and Roddick join WTT ownership
- Paola Longoria captures season title
- Tennis Channel statement on the passing of Drewett