USPTA provides grant to A’s & Aces
The United States Professional Tennis Association presented a grant to A’s & Aces in support of its mission to provide academic support, life skills and tennis to New Orleans public school children. The grant makes it possible for A’s & Aces to help economically disadvantaged children learn tennis.
A’s & Aces serves more than 500 children through in/afterschool and summer programming. Summer camps teach tennis fundamentals and life skills. In-school/after-school clinics are offered to partner elementary schools and provide homework support, literacy tutoring, life skills and basic tennis instruction with beginner-level competitions. A “Pathway to College” program is planned for the future. It is the only National Junior Tennis & Learning chapter in New Orleans and the only First Serve chapter in Louisiana.
The USPTA Foundation provides grants and donations to programs and organizations that strive to help economically disadvantaged people learn tennis. All proceeds from the annual USPTA silent auction held at the World Conference on Tennis go to the foundation. For more information on this and other USPTA programs, please visit www.uspta.com.
RSI.com News search
Latest RSI.com News
- TRX, TIA partner to launch TRX Cardio Tennis
- USTA and ESPN announce comprehensive partnership
- Gamma's new 60 Orange Dot and 78 Green Dot balls
- Laver to be honored with Eugene L. Scott Award
- Tennis Channel celebrates first decade with special
- Scheneiderman joins Tennis Channel
- Hewitt to play HoF Championships in July
- Venus and Roddick join WTT ownership
- Paola Longoria captures season title
- Tennis Channel statement on the passing of Drewett