Babolat invents a new approach to tennis
As tennis is played today, players have very little information for evaluating their performance outside of the match results. They lack data for analyzing their game, whether for studying their own progress or for comparing their performance to other players.
As a result of research conducted over the course of five years, Babolat is developing today the “Play & Connect” racquet which offers a new experience to players thanks to sensors integrated in the racquet that record the flow of data.
2012: the debut of a new era
Tennis lovers, novices, pro players and amateurs, whatever their level, will now have access to information about their game in order to better understand their game and to improve their performance on the court in an enjoyable way. With “Play & Connect,” it will now be possible, for the first time, to measure and challenge the performance between players of all levels, including the professional players of Team Babolat.
Discover the prototype at Roland Garros, May 2012!
- First demos and presentation of the Babolat “Play & Connect” prototype racquet at the 2012 French Open
- From September 2012, 100 prototype racquets will be tested around the world
- Launch planned for 2013
Created in 1875, in Lyon, France, Babolat is the oldest international company specialized in tennis. Babolat is today number 1 in tennis racquet sales in the United States, France, Spain, Italy and in Japan. Family-run for five generations, Babolat is an expert and innovative brand in the tennis sector providing complete technical equipment for tennis players: racquets, strings, shoes, bags, apparel, accessories and balls. The brand provides strings and racquets for numerous tennis players including Rafael Nadal, Kim Clijsters, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Li Na and Andy Roddick (who also plays with Babolat shoes). Website / Facebook.
RSI.com News search
Latest RSI.com News
- USTA and ESPN announce comprehensive partnership
- Gamma's new 60 Orange Dot and 78 Green Dot balls
- Laver to be honored with Eugene L. Scott Award
- Tennis Channel celebrates first decade with special
- Scheneiderman joins Tennis Channel
- Hewitt to play HoF Championships in July
- Venus and Roddick join WTT ownership
- Paola Longoria captures season title
- Tennis Channel statement on the passing of Drewett
- Carlbo Named PTR Professional of the Year