USPTA National Board election results
The results for the United States Professional Tennis Association’s new national board of directors are in after a highly contested election. The new USPTA board of directors will take office later this month at the World Conference on Tennis from Sept. 19-24, at the Saddlebrook Resort in Wesley Chapel, Fla., and will serve the association until September 2013. The results are as follow:
Nancy Cox def. Bunny Bruning
Gary Trost def. Bill Mountford
Jeff Hawes def. Mark Savage
Dan Moster def. Chuck Gill
Tom McGraw ran unopposed
Cox, Trost, Hawes, Moster and McGraw will serve as vice presidents, and will join president, Tom Daglis and first vice president, Randy Mattingley. The USPTA bylaws do not allow additional nominations for the positions of president and first vice president, therefore, the choices of the Nominating Committee for those two offices were final prior to the election.
The USPTA board manages the association’s affairs between meetings of the larger USPTA Executive Committee, which includes the board, three past national presidents, and two elected leaders from each of the USPTA’s 17 domestic divisions.
Founded in 1927, USPTA strives to raise the standards of the tennis profession while promoting greater awareness of the sport. USPTA offers 70 professional benefits to its more than 15,000 members worldwide, including certification and professional development. With more than 300 days of educational opportunities throughout the year, USPTA offers the most comprehensive continuing education program in the tennis industry. For more information, call 800-877-8248 or visit uspta.com.
RSI.com News search
Latest RSI.com News
- TRX, TIA partner to launch TRX Cardio Tennis
- USTA and ESPN announce comprehensive partnership
- Gamma's new 60 Orange Dot and 78 Green Dot balls
- Laver to be honored with Eugene L. Scott Award
- Tennis Channel celebrates first decade with special
- Scheneiderman joins Tennis Channel
- Hewitt to play HoF Championships in July
- Venus and Roddick join WTT ownership
- Paola Longoria captures season title
- Tennis Channel statement on the passing of Drewett