Two earn USPTA Master Professional distinction
Two members of the United States Professional Tennis Association were recognized today for achieving Master Professional status in the association, the highest professional rating within the tennis profession:
- Darryl Lewis, Nellysford, Va.
- Emilio Sanchez Vicario, Barcelona, Spain
The two honorees were recognized today during the USPTA’s annual awards breakfast at the USPTA World Conference on Tennis at the Saddlebrook Resort in Wesley Chapel, Fla. They join an elite group as only about 1 percent of USPTA’s more than 15,000 members worldwide have achieved the Master Professional designation.
Members must hold USPTA’s highest certification rating (Professional 1) for more than 10 years before becoming eligible for the Master Professional designation. Then, each must fulfill a broad spectrum of requirements, including making significant achievements in areas such as tennis teaching and coaching, business, education and volunteer work.
RSI.com News search
Latest RSI.com News
- Tennis Channel coverage of French Open starts May 26
- How to volley like the pros
- TRX, TIA partner to launch TRX Cardio Tennis
- USTA and ESPN announce comprehensive partnership
- Gamma's new 60 Orange Dot and 78 Green Dot balls
- Laver to be honored with Eugene L. Scott Award
- Tennis Channel celebrates first decade with special
- Scheneiderman joins Tennis Channel
- Hewitt to play HoF Championships in July
- Venus and Roddick join WTT ownership