Petkovic to join world record attempt
[CHICAGO] — WTA Tennis World #11 Andrea Petkovic announced that she will join Mardy Fish in Wilson’s attempt to set the Guinness Book of World Record for the “Most people to bounce a tennis ball on their racquet in one location” on August 26, 2011 at the Billie Jean King Tennis Center in Flushing Meadows, NY.
Petkovic is having a stellar year, using her Wilson Six.One Team BLX racquet to win her 2nd career singles title, reach the quarterfinals of Australian Open and French Open and catapult her to a career high #11 in the world.
“We are psyched to have Andrea on board for the event. Her fun and energetic personality is perfect for getting everyone on the courts,” said Mike Steck, Wilson Racquet Global Director of Marketing. “And we can’t wait to see what dance moves she busts out after we break the record!”
Fish and Petkovic are encouraging kids to get fit and get into sport. One of the first things players learn when starting tennis, is to bounce the ball on their racquet and the Guinness World Record attempt will have players of all ages do just that. The first 500 kids to participate in the world record attempt will receive a free Wilson junior racquet and a can of tennis balls so they can get started right away!
For more information on the event and how to win a trip to New York to help Andrea Petkovic, Mardy Fish & Wilson break the record, go to: www.facebook.com/wilsontennis
Link to GWW contest: http://apps.facebook.com/wilsongww/
RSI.com News search
Latest RSI.com News
- TRX, TIA partner to launch TRX Cardio Tennis
- USTA and ESPN announce comprehensive partnership
- Gamma's new 60 Orange Dot and 78 Green Dot balls
- Laver to be honored with Eugene L. Scott Award
- Tennis Channel celebrates first decade with special
- Scheneiderman joins Tennis Channel
- Hewitt to play HoF Championships in July
- Venus and Roddick join WTT ownership
- Paola Longoria captures season title
- Tennis Channel statement on the passing of Drewett