'Doubles with Liezel Huber' premieres
“On Court with USPTA” is the cable TV show produced by the United States Professional Tennis Association. In this episode Liezel Huber, the No. 5 ranked doubles player on the WTA tour, shares her top five doubles tips.
Huber demonstrates some of the warm-up drills that she does before matches, including a baseline, volley, and serving drill, and a fun warm-up game that will help players get prepped for game day. She also shares some secrets to making it on the pro tour.
Huber began playing tennis at age five and worked her way up the ranks to No. 1 in women’s doubles. So far, she has won four Grand Slams in women’s doubles and two mixed doubles titles in her career. She and her husband own and operate Huber Tennis Ranch in Cypress, Texas.
The USPTA became the first tennis-teaching organization ever to produce and air an educational television series on playing and teaching tennis on the Tennis Channel in 2003. Since then, more than 69 shows have been produced that provide instruction about technique, strategy and other facets of the game. All production is done in-house, which includes everything from planning and scripting, to shooting and editing, to graphics and DVD duplication. All episodes of “On Court” are now in high-definition.
Don’t miss out on this episode. Tune in to the Tennis Channel on Saturday, July 16, at noon Eastern time to see the show. Also, all episodes of “On Court with USPTA” and more than 100 other USPTA-produced DVD titles are available for purchase online at usprotennisshop.com. For additional show times and other information visit oncourtwithuspta.com.
RSI.com News search
Latest RSI.com News
- Tennis Channel coverage of French Open starts May 26
- How to volley like the pros
- TRX, TIA partner to launch TRX Cardio Tennis
- USTA and ESPN announce comprehensive partnership
- Gamma's new 60 Orange Dot and 78 Green Dot balls
- Laver to be honored with Eugene L. Scott Award
- Tennis Channel celebrates first decade with special
- Scheneiderman joins Tennis Channel
- Hewitt to play HoF Championships in July
- Venus and Roddick join WTT ownership