Kvitova reaches Top 10
[CHICAGO] — With her Tour BLX racquet, Petra Kvitova won her third title of the year as she defeated Victora Azarenka at the Madrid Open. Kvitova stayed strong throughout the match and won 7-6 (7-3) 6-4 against fourth seed Azarenka. Part of her win is attributed to the 40 winners she had throughout the 2 sets.
Winning the Madrid title marks Kvitova first WTA Tour Premier title and her arrival into the world’s top 10. And she’s not far behind former #1 in the world, Jelena Jankovic for the #9 spot. Kvitova has already had a strong start to 2011 with wins in Brisbane and Paris.
“Petra has been a part of the Wilson team since 2007 and has had her best results with Wilson, “ said Renaud Vallon, Global Tour Director for Wilson Racquet Sports. “We are thrilled to see her recent success and know there is much more to come.”
Keep an eye out for Kvitova and all her Wilson gear as she continues her streak into the French Open in a few weeks.
Catch up on all of the latest Wilson news from Paris including player interviews, latest wins and giveaways!
RSI.com News search
Latest RSI.com News
- USTA and ESPN announce comprehensive partnership
- Gamma's new 60 Orange Dot and 78 Green Dot balls
- Laver to be honored with Eugene L. Scott Award
- Tennis Channel celebrates first decade with special
- Scheneiderman joins Tennis Channel
- Hewitt to play HoF Championships in July
- Venus and Roddick join WTT ownership
- Paola Longoria captures season title
- Tennis Channel statement on the passing of Drewett
- Carlbo Named PTR Professional of the Year