Dunlop Tour Team Wins for 3rd Consecutive Week
GREENVILLE, SC — Career win number 200 was an especially sweet one for Dunlop’s Nicolas Almagro; it earned him his ninth career ATP World Tour Title, and second in as many weeks. The Spaniard took out Juan Ignacio Chela 6-3, 3-6, 6-4 in Buenos Aires, Argentina in the final of the Copa Claro on Sunday.
Almagro, who has won nine consecutive matches now with his Biomimetic 500 Tour (to be released in March), had to play two matches on Saturday due to rain before triumphing in the two hour affair Sunday. The deciding set permanently tilted towards ‘Nico’ when he broke Chela in the seventh game. “It wasn’t easy because of the wind and we both had trouble with it. In the first set I was really aggressive, but in the second I made a few unforced errors that cost me the set. In the third I had to repeat what I did in the first set and happily I could do it to win,” said Almagro.
“These incredible results by our Tour Team speak volumes to the benefits of Dunlop’s Biomimetic technology,” said Kai Nitsche, Dunlop’s Vice President of Racket Sports. “Aeroskin, HM6 carbon and Gecko Tac grip make a difference in players’ games- from the elite down to the recreational levels. We’re excited to have Nico’s racket released to retailers in just a few weeks’ time.”
RSI.com News search
Latest RSI.com News
- ITHF mourns the loss of Gene Mako
- USPTA, Emirates Airline US Open Series collaborate
- Ashaway continues as Official String of USA Racquetball
- Tennis Buying Show to be held in Orlando, FL
- Tonic named official partner of So Cal Open
- Tickets to the US Open go on sale Monday
- Djokovic/Nadal semi-final to air live on Tennis Channel
- T2Tennis and Ultimate Tennis Merge
- Evert presented Hall of Fame ring on ESPN2
- Noah presented Hall of Fame ring at Roland Garros