PTR International Symposium Set for February
Hilton Head Island, SC — Professional Tennis Registry (PTR) will hold its annual International Tennis Symposium, February 19-24, 2011, at PTR Headquarters on Hilton Head Island, South Carolina.
The Symposium attracts nearly 1,000 tennis teachers and coaches from more than 50 countries. Many of the tennis industry’s most notable speakers including Leo Alonso, Mike Barrell, Doug Cash, Pat Etcheberry, Don Henson, Anne Pankhurst, and Dr. Bryce Young will be among the more than 50 presenters who will conduct classroom and on court presentations. Subject matter ranges from tennis business to tactics to injury prevention and treatments. There is also a special high school coaches’ tract that will be held over President’s Weekend.
Teaching pros show off their playing skills at a tournament, held in conjunction with the Symposium. The Symposium also offers a Tennis Trade Show where 45-plus organizations and companies, such as, Gamma, HEAD/Penn, and Playmate, exhibit their new product lines, latest technologies and services. Product demonstrations will be conducted on an adjacent demo court.
For complete information and registration, visit ptrtennis.org/events/ptr-week
PTR is the largest global organization of tennis teaching professionals with more than 14,000 members in 121 countries. It has the greatest percentage of multicultural and women members of any such organization. PTR is dedicated to educating, certifying and servicing tennis teachers and coaches around the world in order to grow the game.
RSI.com News search
Latest RSI.com News
- ITHF mourns the loss of Gene Mako
- USPTA, Emirates Airline US Open Series collaborate
- Ashaway continues as Official String of USA Racquetball
- Tennis Buying Show to be held in Orlando, FL
- Tonic named official partner of So Cal Open
- Tickets to the US Open go on sale Monday
- Djokovic/Nadal semi-final to air live on Tennis Channel
- T2Tennis and Ultimate Tennis Merge
- Evert presented Hall of Fame ring on ESPN2
- Noah presented Hall of Fame ring at Roland Garros