USTA Eastern Launches New Marketing Campaign
As the greatest tennis players in the world compete in Queens, USTA Eastern has launched a new campaign at the US Open to get tennis fans in the game.
- Tennis Tips Booklets: USTA Eastern staff and volunteers are working at the USTA Membership booth, giving out booklets with guides to USTA Eastern programs and 20 tennis tips from the pros.
- New Website: They are promoting iwanttoplaytennis.com, a new website that provides customized plans for local fans who want to learn how to play or compete on the courts.
- Special US Open program: To grow participation, USTA Eastern has sent more than 700 member organizations a gift: commemorative US Open programs with USTA Eastern program guides.
The new marketing and outreach effort is designed to help people in the Eastern section, who have an interest in playing tennis or learning about USTA Eastern programs, but don’t know where to start, said Michelle Blake Wilson, Managing Director of Marketing and Communications for USTA Eastern. USTA Eastern is one of 17 sections of the USTA, and encompasses all of New York State, Northern New Jersey and Greenwich, Connecticut.
“We are extremely excited about the US Open this year,” said Blake Wilson. “Not only will we see some outstanding tennis, but we will also help grow the game, guiding fans to the wide range of courts, pros and programs in their communities.” The Tennis Tips booklets were produced in partnership with TENNIS Magazine, and are customized by color to each of Eastern’s six regions. Fans who want to learn more can register at iwanttoplaytennis.com and get customized plans via email to help get them in the game.
“There are so many opportunities for people to play tennis throughout our section: from USTA QuickStart clinics and tournaments, to Jr. Team Tennis and Adult Leagues,” said D.A. Abrams, Executive Director of USTA Eastern. “No matter what your age or ability is, there’s a way for you to enjoy this lifelong sport.”
For more information on the booklets or the website, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 914-696-7290.
RSI.com News search
Latest RSI.com News
- USPTA, Emirates Airline US Open Series collaborate
- Ashaway continues as Official String of USA Racquetball
- Tennis Buying Show to be held in Orlando, FL
- Tonic named official partner of So Cal Open
- Tickets to the US Open go on sale Monday
- Djokovic/Nadal semi-final to air live on Tennis Channel
- T2Tennis and Ultimate Tennis Merge
- Evert presented Hall of Fame ring on ESPN2
- Noah presented Hall of Fame ring at Roland Garros
- Seventeen-year-old Gianluigi Quinzi wins first pro title