Donnay to Sponsor the Alan King Pro-Am Tournament
*NEW YORK — * Donnay, the 100 year old tennis brand, will be the racquet sponsor for the Alan King Pro-Am Tennis Tournament to benefit the Wheelchair Sports Federation. The event will take place at Shelter Rock Tennis and Country Club on Sunday, August 29, 2010 beginning at 10am and is open to the public.
“We are excited to have Donnay as the racquet sponsor for our event,” said Peter Fishbach, tournament chairman. “As this charity benefit brings out past grand slam champions, it is entirely appropriate to have the legendary tennis racquet brand return at this venue.”
Past grand slam champions and Hall of Famers that are scheduled to appear include: Stan Smith, Jimmy Arias, Peter Fleming, Virginia Wade, Johan Kriek, Ken Flach, Robert Seguso, Bob Lutz, Eddie Dibbs, Luke Jensen, Rick Leach, Dick Stockton, Rosie Casals, Ilana Kloss, and Gigi Fernendez. All proceeds from the event are to benefit the Wheelchair Sports Federation.
“The Alan King Pro-Am is a great charity event just prior to the US Open with an amazing beneficiary,” said Bobby Choe, CEO, Donnay USA. “It is a fantastic community event and has so many great names from the past, so is a perfect fit for the Donnay brand.”
This event is open to the entire community with a suggested donation of $10.00, so come to Shelter Rock and watch the amazing pros delight us as they are teamed up with local amateurs. Not only will there be outstanding tennis being played, but there will be an opportunity to mingle with the pros, get autographs, take pictures with your favorite players, and demo the new line of Donnay X-Series racquets. In the event of rain, the tournament will be held at The Port Washington Tennis Academy.
RSI.com News search
Latest RSI.com News
- TRX, TIA partner to launch TRX Cardio Tennis
- USTA and ESPN announce comprehensive partnership
- Gamma's new 60 Orange Dot and 78 Green Dot balls
- Laver to be honored with Eugene L. Scott Award
- Tennis Channel celebrates first decade with special
- Scheneiderman joins Tennis Channel
- Hewitt to play HoF Championships in July
- Venus and Roddick join WTT ownership
- Paola Longoria captures season title
- Tennis Channel statement on the passing of Drewett