Mercury Insurance Open chooses DecoTurf
Andover, MA — The organizers of the Mercury Insurance Open have chosen DecoColor, from the makers of DecoTurf, as the Official Surface of their worldclass tennis tournament.
The Mercury Insurance Open will take place August 2nd - 8th at the LaCosta Resort and Spa in Carlsbad, CA as part of the prestigious Olympus US Open Series. Many of the top WTA professionals, including 2nd ranked Jelena Jankovic and 5th ranked Vera Zvonareva, will compete in the tournament. “DecoTurf is honored to have been chosen as the surface for this prestigious tournament “, said John Graham, DecoTurf’s managing director. “And we are always pleased to be working with The Saviano Company, who also helped build the DecoTurf courts for the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games.”
The Saviano Company is a full-service tennis court construction firm, based in Mountain View, CA. Saviano builds and services courts in California, Nevada, Arizona and Oregon, and they bring over 40 years of extensive experience and pride to every job.
DecoTurf has been the Surface of the US Open for 33 years and is still the most recognized tennis court surface in the world. DecoTurf’s multi-layer cushioned tennis surface has been selected for use at the world’s most prestigious events, including the two most-recent Olympic Games, Davis Cup, Fed Cup, and the Olympus US Open Series tournaments. DecoTurf is also an Official Surface of the Intercollegiate Tennis Association and the Professional Tennis Registry. For more information on DecoTurf visit decoturf.com or call 800-332-6178.
RSI.com News search
Latest RSI.com News
- TRX, TIA partner to launch TRX Cardio Tennis
- USTA and ESPN announce comprehensive partnership
- Gamma's new 60 Orange Dot and 78 Green Dot balls
- Laver to be honored with Eugene L. Scott Award
- Tennis Channel celebrates first decade with special
- Scheneiderman joins Tennis Channel
- Hewitt to play HoF Championships in July
- Venus and Roddick join WTT ownership
- Paola Longoria captures season title
- Tennis Channel statement on the passing of Drewett