Kudla Receives Campbell's Wild Card
NEWPORT, R.I. — Denis Kudla, who is regarded as one of the next great American tennis players has been awarded a wild card to the Campbell’s Hall of Fame Tennis Championships, an ATP World Tour event to be held July 5 - 11, 2010 at the International Tennis Hall of Fame in Newport, R.I. Most recently, Kudla competed in the Wimbledon junior tournament as the No. 7 seed, where he was a quarterfinalist and was the last American remaining in the field. In addition, he advanced to the second round of the doubles tournament in the Wimbledon juniors.
“We’re very pleased to welcome Denis to Newport. He’s an excellent grass court player and he is certainly one of the top young Americans to watch,” said Tournament Director Mark L. Stenning. “Denis is a perfect fit to join the Campbell’s Hall of Fame Tennis Championships field of top American players like Sam Querrey, Mardy Fish, Rajeev Ram and Taylor Dent.”
In addition to Querrey, Dent, Fish and Ram, Kudla will be joined in competition by fellow rising star American Ryan Harrison, currently ranked No. 234, who was also awarded a wild card to the field.
Newport will mark Kudla’s main draw debut in an ATP World Tour event. Kudla is currently the No. 7 ranked junior in the ITF World Rankings. In 2009, he won the Eddie Herr International and was a doubles champion at the Easter Bowl.
The Campbell’s Hall of Fame Tennis Championships draws 32 top male players to Newport direct from Wimbledon to compete for the Van Alen Cup and $442,500 in prize money. Tickets for the tournament are now available for purchase online through www.tennisfame.com or by calling the Tournament Office at 866-914-FAME (3263).
RSI.com News search
Latest RSI.com News
- TRX, TIA partner to launch TRX Cardio Tennis
- USTA and ESPN announce comprehensive partnership
- Gamma's new 60 Orange Dot and 78 Green Dot balls
- Laver to be honored with Eugene L. Scott Award
- Tennis Channel celebrates first decade with special
- Scheneiderman joins Tennis Channel
- Hewitt to play HoF Championships in July
- Venus and Roddick join WTT ownership
- Paola Longoria captures season title
- Tennis Channel statement on the passing of Drewett