Midwest Tennis Coaches Conference Set
Hilton Head Island, SC — Professional Tennis Registry (PTR) will host a Midwest Coaches Conference on August 20, 2010, at the Midtown Tennis Club in Chicago, Illinois. The event is open to all PTR and USPTA teaching professionals, high school and college coaches, as well as team captains and club players.
The day begins at 8am with a Fast Feed Contest to qualify for the afternoon’s Final Shootout, then at 9am, Daniel Spatz will present Training Juniors to the Highest Level. Dr. Neeru Jayanthi will cover Injury Prevention for Competitive Juniors, followed by Butch Staples’ Red, Orange, Green, Yellow-When to Move a Child to the Next Stage. At 1pm, Jorge Capestany will present Dynamic Drills from the Drill Master, followed by Oliver Stephens’ Hand, Basket and Live Ball-When to Use Each Feed, then Daniel Spatz with The Secrets of Teaching Defense. The day culminates with Jorge Capestany presenting Seven Habits of Highly Successful Tennis Pros, refreshments and the Fast Feed Shootout to win a free registration to the PTR International Tennis Symposium or Professional Development Weekend.
The cost of the entire day (8am-6pm) is only $40. For more information or to register, call PTR Headquarters at 800-421-6289, or visit ptrtennis.org.
PTR is the largest global organization of tennis teaching professionals with more than 14,000 members in 121 countries. It has the greatest percentage of multicultural and women members of any such organization. PTR is dedicated to educating, certifying and servicing tennis teachers and coaches around the world in order to grow the game.
RSI.com News search
Latest RSI.com News
- Tennis Channel coverage of French Open starts May 26
- How to volley like the pros
- TRX, TIA partner to launch TRX Cardio Tennis
- USTA and ESPN announce comprehensive partnership
- Gamma's new 60 Orange Dot and 78 Green Dot balls
- Laver to be honored with Eugene L. Scott Award
- Tennis Channel celebrates first decade with special
- Scheneiderman joins Tennis Channel
- Hewitt to play HoF Championships in July
- Venus and Roddick join WTT ownership