Test your stringbed stiffness with an iPhone
racquetTune is a quick, cool and inexpensive tool that allows any tennis player to check that his racquet is correctly strung. A couple taps on the strings and racquetTune displays the tension with high accuracy.
Yet behind its smooth interface it is a serious tool that even the professionals praise: “It is well made, works amazingly well, is child’s play to use and is always with me and ready to use” says John Elliot, professional racquet stringer in Paris.
“The motivation behind racquetTune was to give tennis players everywhere an easy to use tool to check when its time to restring their racket, or to find the optimal tension to play with” says Sten Kaiser developer of racquetTune.
racquetTune uses the sound of the racquet to analyze the frequency of the strings. The frequency is then converted to the tension of the stringbed. The accuracy is showed by an indicator on the display and can be improved by tapping the racquet several times.
More information and a demo video can be found at the racquetTune site.
All kinds of questions and comments are welcome:
+46 70 357 36 72
RSI.com News search
Latest RSI.com News
- Tennis Channel coverage of French Open starts May 26
- How to volley like the pros
- TRX, TIA partner to launch TRX Cardio Tennis
- USTA and ESPN announce comprehensive partnership
- Gamma's new 60 Orange Dot and 78 Green Dot balls
- Laver to be honored with Eugene L. Scott Award
- Tennis Channel celebrates first decade with special
- Scheneiderman joins Tennis Channel
- Hewitt to play HoF Championships in July
- Venus and Roddick join WTT ownership