HEAD Launches YOUTEK Prestige Series
PHOENIX, AZ — For over 20 years, the HEAD Prestige has set the standard for high-performance tennis racquets and has been in the hands of professional tennis champions such as Goran Ivanisevic, Gustavo Kuerten, and recently Marat Safin. HEAD has given this legendary racquet a modern update with their newest technology, YOUTEK and will have top HEAD players Gilles Simon, Stanislas Wawrinka, and Tommy Haas using the new Prestige racquets during the Australian Open.
YOUTEK™ combines superior technologies to give you the individual benefits you need to match your playing style. Not only does YOUTEK™ meet your individual needs but it enhances your performance on the court and brings out the best in “you”.
“HEAD has taken technology to a whole new level with YOUTEK,” said Roger Petersman, senior business manager of tennis racquets for HEAD Penn Racquet Sports. “YOUTEK can actually sense the needs of the tennis player during different shots to perfectly match your game.”
In the YOUTEK Prestige Series, YOUTEK incorporates d3o™, a “smart material” which dramatically changes its behavior under dynamic loading or impact. Located in the shaft of the racquet, d3o™ reacts to the needs of a player within nano seconds, providing a softer touch and better feel on slow speed impacts, like slices and drop shots, and increases stiffness necessary to create power on high speed impacts, such as a serves and passing shots.
The Prestige series includes the following:
- Prestige Pro: Features a more open string pattern providing extra pop for a more aggressive tour player and also includes a leather grip for ultimate tour performance.
- Prestige Mid: A great tour racquet that offers maximum touch and control with the extra stability that is ideal for serious heavy hitters.
- Prestige Mid Plus: Provides outstanding touch and control for great playability and is the racquet choice of HEAD stars Gilles Simon, Stanislas Wawrinka, and Tommy Haas.
RSI.com News search
Latest RSI.com News
- TRX, TIA partner to launch TRX Cardio Tennis
- USTA and ESPN announce comprehensive partnership
- Gamma's new 60 Orange Dot and 78 Green Dot balls
- Laver to be honored with Eugene L. Scott Award
- Tennis Channel celebrates first decade with special
- Scheneiderman joins Tennis Channel
- Hewitt to play HoF Championships in July
- Venus and Roddick join WTT ownership
- Paola Longoria captures season title
- Tennis Channel statement on the passing of Drewett