Cox Continues Babolat Relationship
Boulder, Colorado — Babolat, leading manufacturer of tennis racquets, is proud to announce that 17-year-old rising tennis star Jordan Cox has chosen to continue his relationship with Babolat. Cox, who will soon begin his career on the professional tour, has been playing with Babolat racquets and strings since he was 15. His new three-year international contract with Babolat will begin January 2010.
Jordan Cox, from Duluth, Georgia, is currently ranked No. 37 in the ITF Junior World Rankings. He reached the finals of the 2009 Wimbledon Junior Championships and won the Boys 16’s national title at Kalamazoo in 2008. In addition to playing in a number of professional events this summer, Cox will soon compete in the U.S. Open Junior Championships held September 6-13 in New York.
“Jordan is so charismatic on the court — he’s a real fighter,” says Seth McKinley, Babolat sports marketing manager for the Americas and Australia. “He’s an all-court player who has immense versatility; he has a great serve and is very strong at the net.”
Cox has experienced tremendous success as a junior player with his Babolat Pure Storm Tour tennis racquet and Babolat VS Natural Gut and Pro Hurricane Tour Hybrid strings. “I’ve been on Team Babolat for a few years now and I love using their equipment - I’m really happy with the success I’ve had with my racquet,” says Cox. “I’m excited to extend our relationship and be with Babolat for the long term.”
Babolat wishes Jordan Cox continued success!
RSI.com News search
Latest RSI.com News
- ITHF mourns the loss of Gene Mako
- USPTA, Emirates Airline US Open Series collaborate
- Ashaway continues as Official String of USA Racquetball
- Tennis Buying Show to be held in Orlando, FL
- Tonic named official partner of So Cal Open
- Tickets to the US Open go on sale Monday
- Djokovic/Nadal semi-final to air live on Tennis Channel
- T2Tennis and Ultimate Tennis Merge
- Evert presented Hall of Fame ring on ESPN2
- Noah presented Hall of Fame ring at Roland Garros