Two Americans Debut adidas shoes at the US Open
Portland, Oregon — The 2009 U.S. Open provides the optimal setting for two adidas athletes to showcase their artistic integrity. Americans Sam Querrey, currently ranked 26th in the ATP World Tour, and Melanie Oudin, the #3 ranked American female in the world, will each set foot onto the court in one-of-a-kind Barricade V’s that they personally designed through miadidas.com, the premier online customization service.
Each player brought a unique approach to the design process to create Barricade V’s that reflect their personality, color preferences and style both on and off the court. Querrey wanted something that would stand out, announcing his arrival among tennis’ top international players. Oudin’s design is more introspective, as the inscription of ‘believe’ on the side of the shoe brings to life her motivation to succeed among the competition.
Fans seeking to make their own unique statement on-court can follow suit and design their own Barricade V’s at miadidas.com.
For inspiration as they design custom shoes, consumers can check out both Querrey and Oudin’s designs in more detail on miadidas.com.
RSI.com News search
Latest RSI.com News
- Tennis Channel coverage of French Open starts May 26
- How to volley like the pros
- TRX, TIA partner to launch TRX Cardio Tennis
- USTA and ESPN announce comprehensive partnership
- Gamma's new 60 Orange Dot and 78 Green Dot balls
- Laver to be honored with Eugene L. Scott Award
- Tennis Channel celebrates first decade with special
- Scheneiderman joins Tennis Channel
- Hewitt to play HoF Championships in July
- Venus and Roddick join WTT ownership