DecoTurf Surface Chosen for the 2009 Pilot Pen
Andover, MA — As the Olympus US Open Series continues its summer march to the year’s final Major event, many of the world’s top players are now gathered at the Pilot Pen Tennis Tournament in New Haven, CT. Taking place August 21st through the 29th at the Connecticut Tennis Center, the Pilot Pen has once again chosen DecoTurf as its cushioned tennis surface.
Located on the grounds of Yale University, the Connecticut Tennis Center will be hosting New England’s only major professional tennis tournament for the 20th time in 2009. In 2008, more than 80,000 spectators came to visit the US Open’s final tune-up and tournament organizers expect enthusiastic crowds once again.
“DecoTurf is proud to continue our relationship with the Pilot Pen and we congratulate Yale University and the City of New Haven on their 20th year as hosts, “, said Tom Magner, DecoTurf’s Eastern Regional Manager. “As a New England-based company, we recognize the importance of having a top-tier tennis event that is as prestigious and well-run as the Pilot Pen has been.”
DecoTurf has been the Surface of the US Open for 32 years and is still the most recognized tennis court surface in the world. DecoTurf’s multi-layer cushioned tennis surface has been selected for use at the world’s most prestigious events including the two most-recent Olympic Games, Davis Cup, Fed Cup, and seven different Olympus US Open Series tournaments. DecoTurf is also the Official All-Weather Surface of the Professional Tennis Registry.
RSI.com News search
Latest RSI.com News
- TRX, TIA partner to launch TRX Cardio Tennis
- USTA and ESPN announce comprehensive partnership
- Gamma's new 60 Orange Dot and 78 Green Dot balls
- Laver to be honored with Eugene L. Scott Award
- Tennis Channel celebrates first decade with special
- Scheneiderman joins Tennis Channel
- Hewitt to play HoF Championships in July
- Venus and Roddick join WTT ownership
- Paola Longoria captures season title
- Tennis Channel statement on the passing of Drewett