PTR Gives Photography Scholarship to Honor Dr. Ken Mak
Hilton Head Island, SC - - Professional Tennis Registry (PTR) today presented a plaque and $2,500 check to the Photography Department of Hilton Head Island High School to honor the memory of Dr. Kin Yee Mak (aka Ken Mak).
Ken Mak served as the official photographer of PTR for more than 10 years. His sudden death in March was a blow to the organization and to all who knew him. To honor his memory, PTR presented Patty Schoelkopf, of the Photography Department at Hilton Head Island High School, a scholarship of $250 a semester ($500 a year) for the next five years to ensure that a young person in financial need can pursue his or her passion for photography.
PTR is the largest global organization of tennis teaching professionals with more than 13,000 members in 122 countries. It has the greatest percentage of multicultural and women members of any such organization. PTR is dedicated to educating, certifying and servicing tennis teachers and coaches around the world in order to grow the game. Photo: (front row from left) Kris Mak, Patty Schoelkopf and Julie Jilly, PTR Vice President surrounded by Ms. Schoelkopf’s photography class.
RSI.com News search
Latest RSI.com News
- Tennis Channel coverage of French Open starts May 26
- How to volley like the pros
- TRX, TIA partner to launch TRX Cardio Tennis
- USTA and ESPN announce comprehensive partnership
- Gamma's new 60 Orange Dot and 78 Green Dot balls
- Laver to be honored with Eugene L. Scott Award
- Tennis Channel celebrates first decade with special
- Scheneiderman joins Tennis Channel
- Hewitt to play HoF Championships in July
- Venus and Roddick join WTT ownership