Rodney Street Tennis and Tutoring Association Names Brown-Grimes as New Chair
Wilmington, DE — Jane Brown-Grimes was appointed Chairman of the Rodney Street Tennis & Tutoring Association in Wilmington, DE; a USTA NJTL Chapter providing innovative tennis and educational enrichment programs to inner-city youth.
Having just finished her 2-year term as the President of the USTA, Brown-Grimes was unanimously selected to the position of Chairman. Immediate past-Chairman, Joseph Abelson states, “Jane was the person who got me involved with RSTTA, so I’m honored to hand the reigns over to Jane. It’s an exciting time for Rodney Street.”
Brown-Grimes was formerly the Executive Director of the International Tennis Hall of Fame in Newport, RI.
Rodney Street Tennis & Tutoring Association (www.rodneystreettennis.org) provides year round, after-school and out-of-school programs that are designed to combat pressing community concerns: truancy; poor academic achievement contributing to an alarmingly low graduation rate; gang activity; drug and alcohol dependency; and unhealthy lifestyles. RSTTA provides positive intervention through a curriculum that supports both the personal development of the “whole” child as well as the communal development of the neighborhoods in which these children live and play. As an adjunct to its youth enrichment programs, RSTTA provides adult family members of its participants with the opportunity to receive training and tutoring for GED certification and/or college readiness. RSTTA’s principal sponsor is the Comcast Family of Companies. Additional support comes from foundations, corporate, public and private resources.
RSI.com News search
Latest RSI.com News
- TRX, TIA partner to launch TRX Cardio Tennis
- USTA and ESPN announce comprehensive partnership
- Gamma's new 60 Orange Dot and 78 Green Dot balls
- Laver to be honored with Eugene L. Scott Award
- Tennis Channel celebrates first decade with special
- Scheneiderman joins Tennis Channel
- Hewitt to play HoF Championships in July
- Venus and Roddick join WTT ownership
- Paola Longoria captures season title
- Tennis Channel statement on the passing of Drewett