Order of play for the 2009 Fed Cup semifinal match between the U.S. and the Czech Republic
Saturday, April 25 & Sunday, April 26, 2009, Starobrno Rondo Arena — Brno, Czech Republic
|Saturday, 1:30 p.m.||Singles A:||Bethanie Mattek-Sands (USA) vs. Petra Kvitova (CZE)|
|Singles B:||Alexa Glatch (USA) vs. Iveta Benesova (CZE)|
|Sunday, 12:00 p.m.||Singles C:||Bethanie Mattek-Sands (USA) vs. Iveta Benesova (CZE)|
|Singles D:||Alexa Glatch (USA) vs. Petra Kvitova (CZE)|
|Doubles:||Liezel Huber/Bethanie Mattek-Sands (USA) vs. Iveta Benesova/Kveta Peschke (CZE)|
The best-of-five match series begins with two singles matches on Saturday and is followed by two reverse singles matches and the doubles match on Sunday.
This is the eleventh Fed Cup meeting between the two nations, with the USA currently holding an 8-2 lead. The USA won the last encounter 5-0 in the 2003 1st round in Lowell, Massachusetts.
Tennis Channel will broadcast live coverage.
Saturday: 7:30 a.m. ET
Sunday: 6:00 a.m. ET
Stadium Capacity — 4,250
Surface — Indoor, Hard
Fed Cup by BNP Paribas is the world’s largest annual international women’s team competition with 86 countries competing this year. The United States leads all nations with 17 Fed Cup titles — the last coming in 2000 — and is one of eight nations competing for the 2009 Fed Cup title as part of the Fed Cup World Group.
RSI.com News search
Latest RSI.com News
- USPTA, Emirates Airline US Open Series collaborate
- Ashaway continues as Official String of USA Racquetball
- Tennis Buying Show to be held in Orlando, FL
- Tonic named official partner of So Cal Open
- Tickets to the US Open go on sale Monday
- Djokovic/Nadal semi-final to air live on Tennis Channel
- T2Tennis and Ultimate Tennis Merge
- Evert presented Hall of Fame ring on ESPN2
- Noah presented Hall of Fame ring at Roland Garros
- Seventeen-year-old Gianluigi Quinzi wins first pro title