Jelena Dokic’s Wilson Tennis Bag Holds Secret to Her Recent Success
Wilson player Jelena Dokic looks to her Wilson Eco Tour Six Pack Bag for answers. “My coaches advise me during the tough times of the match,” Jelena says.” Connected to my Wilson Eco Six pack tennis bag are some of the most brilliant minds in tennis,” Jelena said jokingly referring to the animal key rings attached to her tennis bag.
January’s Australian Open marked the return of Jelena Dokic.
After receiving a wildcard into the main draw from Tennis Australia, Dokic exceeded her own and everyone’s expectations right out of the water by upsetting three seeds in a row, No.17 seed Anna Chakvetadze, No.11 seed Caroline Wozniacki and No.29 seed Alisa Kleybanova to reach the quarterfinals of a Grand Slam for the first time since 2001. The run also boosted her from No.187 to No.91 on the February 2 rankings.
General Manager of Wilson Jon Muir says, “Jelena is a great competitor. Her grit and determination through the Aussie Open shows the strength of her character and we look forward to Jelena reclaiming her place at the top of the WTA Tour.”
After winning the hearts of the fans worldwide, Jelena speaks about the encouragement she has received for her return on tour.
“I am fortunate to have a great support system and fans. Wilson is a big part of my success and I am extremely happy with my [K]Tour racket that gives me the edge I need to produce my best tennis. I am very proud to be part of the Wilson Team and to be aligned with the leading brand in tennis,” says Jelena.
Jelena will be in action this week at the BNP Paribas Open in Indian Wells looking to build on her great start to 2009.
RSI.com News search
Latest RSI.com News
- TRX, TIA partner to launch TRX Cardio Tennis
- USTA and ESPN announce comprehensive partnership
- Gamma's new 60 Orange Dot and 78 Green Dot balls
- Laver to be honored with Eugene L. Scott Award
- Tennis Channel celebrates first decade with special
- Scheneiderman joins Tennis Channel
- Hewitt to play HoF Championships in July
- Venus and Roddick join WTT ownership
- Paola Longoria captures season title
- Tennis Channel statement on the passing of Drewett