Penn Named as Official Ball of BNP Paribas Showdown for the Billie Jean King Cup
Phoenix, AZ - November 2008 - Penn has been named the official ball of the BNP Paribas Showdown for the Billie Jean Cup which will be taking place Monday, March 2 at Madison Square Garden. The event will be telecast live on HBO beginning at 7:30 PM EST honoring Billie Jean King and will feature four of the women’s top tennis players in a single elimination format.
“Penn is proud to be the official ball of the BNP Paribas Showdown for the Billie Jean Cup,” said Kevin Kempin, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for HEAD Penn Racquet Sports. “We are glad to be supporting an event that not only honors a tennis legend but will bring added interest to the game of tennis.”
Head Penn will be presenting the opening match featuring a look at the future of American tennis.
“We are very honored to have Penn back as the official ball for the second year, following this year’s successful event in Madison Square Garden featuring Pete Sampras and Roger Federer,” said J. Wayne Richmond, Event Director.
For more information about the BNP Paribas Showdown for the Billie Jean Cup, visit http://stargamesinc.com/events/bnpparibasshowdown.html
RSI.com News search
Latest RSI.com News
- Tennis Channel coverage of French Open starts May 26
- How to volley like the pros
- TRX, TIA partner to launch TRX Cardio Tennis
- USTA and ESPN announce comprehensive partnership
- Gamma's new 60 Orange Dot and 78 Green Dot balls
- Laver to be honored with Eugene L. Scott Award
- Tennis Channel celebrates first decade with special
- Scheneiderman joins Tennis Channel
- Hewitt to play HoF Championships in July
- Venus and Roddick join WTT ownership