Wilson Continues to Lead Industry as the #1 Racket Brand
Chicago — Wilson increased their market share lead in First Quarter 2008 compared to year end as the #1 racquet brand according to the Sports Marketing Surveys first quarter 2008 results just released.
According to the first quarter sell-thru results, Wilson has 4 of the top 7 “Best Selling” rackets (in YTD dollars), including Wilson’s new [K] Blade which is now one of the top ranked sellers of all rackets in the market. Beyond having 4 of top 7 sellers in the market, Wilson is once again the clear #1 selling brand in both units and dollars. The data above are based on the First Quarter 2008 Sports Marketing Surveys/TIA audit of retail sales at tennis specialty stores.
Wilson has also continued to dominate on tour with [K] Factor in 2008. #1 in the world, Roger Federer, just won his first title of the year on clay in Portugal with his [K] Six.One Tour and #1 in the world, Justine Henin, has already won 2 titles with her [K] Tour. Novak Djokovic started the year with unbelievable impact using his [K] Blade Tour and winning his first Grand Slam title in Australia. He followed that up with his title at the Pacific Life Open in Indian Wells, CA, the first masters event of the year.
Other notable Wilson tour achievements included, Serena Williams with her [K] Blade Team who dominated the Sony Ericsson Miami in April. The Bondarenko sisters (Alona-[K] Tour and Kateryna-[K] Blade 98) took the women’s double title at the Australian Open while men’s doubles pairing, Andy Ram and Jonathan Erlich also won down under, both using [K] Six.One 95.
Wilson has had an incredible start to 2008 and looks forward to leading with consumers and tour players as the #1 brand in tennis.
RSI.com News search
Latest RSI.com News
- USPTA, Emirates Airline US Open Series collaborate
- Ashaway continues as Official String of USA Racquetball
- Tennis Buying Show to be held in Orlando, FL
- Tonic named official partner of So Cal Open
- Tickets to the US Open go on sale Monday
- Djokovic/Nadal semi-final to air live on Tennis Channel
- T2Tennis and Ultimate Tennis Merge
- Evert presented Hall of Fame ring on ESPN2
- Noah presented Hall of Fame ring at Roland Garros
- Seventeen-year-old Gianluigi Quinzi wins first pro title