Wilson [K]Factor Claims 5 of Top 10 hot new racquets
Chicago — Wilson Racquet Sports continues its growth for 2007, increasing their market share over year end 2006 and reinforcing Wilson’s position as the overwhelming #1 choice of players everywhere. According to the Sports Marketing Surveys YTD June 2007 report, Wilson has once again increased its racket market share in both units and dollars.
Building on the tremendous popularity of Wilson’s [K]Factor technology, Wilson also has 5 of the top 10 “Hot New Rackets.” The Hot New Rackets rankings reflects which new rackets that were launched within the past 12 months (from all brands) that consumers are buying the most (YTD June 2007 SMS report). In addition, when looking at the best selling rackets from all brands, regardless of when they were launched, Wilson also has 4 of the Top 10 “Best Sellers.”
The YTD June 2007 SMS summary shows that Wilson continues to clearly lead the market in the following areas for 2007:
- #1 in Unit Share
- #1 in Dollar Share
- 5 of Top 10 Hot New Rackets
- 4 of Top 10 Best Selling Rackets
Wilson continues to be the clear #1 tennis brand globally as well, also showing strong growth in Europe and Asia year to date 2007. In Japan, the second largest country for tennis (behind the U.S.) Wilson has also continued to increase their market share for 2007 and remains the clear #1 in share in both units and dollars. (Yano data, March/April. 2007).
Wilson Racquet Sports is a division of Chicago-based Wilson Sporting Goods, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of sports equipment and owned by Amer Sports. Wilson designs, manufactures and distributes sporting goods throughout the world and focuses on making technologically advanced products which help players of all levels perform better. Wilson’s core sport categories include: Football, Basketball, Baseball, Volleyball, Soccer, Youth Sports, Uniforms/Apparel, Golf, Footwear and Racquet Sports (Tennis, Racquetball, Squash, Badminton and Platform Tennis). For more information, visit wilson.com.
RSI.com News search
Latest RSI.com News
- ITHF mourns the loss of Gene Mako
- USPTA, Emirates Airline US Open Series collaborate
- Ashaway continues as Official String of USA Racquetball
- Tennis Buying Show to be held in Orlando, FL
- Tonic named official partner of So Cal Open
- Tickets to the US Open go on sale Monday
- Djokovic/Nadal semi-final to air live on Tennis Channel
- T2Tennis and Ultimate Tennis Merge
- Evert presented Hall of Fame ring on ESPN2
- Noah presented Hall of Fame ring at Roland Garros