Sampras, Sanchez-Vicario to Enter Hall of Fame
NEWPORT, RI — Tomorrow, Saturday, July 14, the International Tennis Hall of Fame will induct four great champions of tennis. The Induction Class of 2007 is represented by Pete Sampras, Arantxa Sanchez-Vicario, Sven Davidson and Russ Adams. The official Induction Ceremony will be held at 1:00pm on Bill Talbert Center Court at the International Tennis Hall of Fame in Newport, Rhode Island.
Pete Sampras, the winner of a record 14 Grand Slam singles championships, will be presented for induction by Paul Annacone, his long-time friend and former coach (1995-2001, 2002). Arantxa Sanchez-Vicario, a three-time French Open singles champion and the first Spanish woman to capture the US Open, will be presented by Stephanie Tolleson, who managed her WTA career. 1971 Hall of Famer Vic Seixas will present Sven Davidson, the first Swede to win a Grand Slam championship title, while 1994 Hall of Famer Bud Collins will present photographer Russ Adams for induction.
Established in 1954, the International Tennis Hall of Fame was recognized in 1986 as the sport’s official Hall of Fame by the International Tennis Federation, the governing body of tennis. With the induction of the 2007 Class, 204 individuals representing 18 different countries are honored in the International Tennis Hall of Fame.
RSI.com News search
Latest RSI.com News
- TRX, TIA partner to launch TRX Cardio Tennis
- USTA and ESPN announce comprehensive partnership
- Gamma's new 60 Orange Dot and 78 Green Dot balls
- Laver to be honored with Eugene L. Scott Award
- Tennis Channel celebrates first decade with special
- Scheneiderman joins Tennis Channel
- Hewitt to play HoF Championships in July
- Venus and Roddick join WTT ownership
- Paola Longoria captures season title
- Tennis Channel statement on the passing of Drewett