GPTA Welcomes New Members
Atlanta — May 15, 2007 Henri Elkins and Donovan Goodman are the newest members of the Georgia Professional Tennis Association (GPTA) team. Elkins (right) runs Entertaining Tennis out of Alpharetta. He has been a club tennis director for the past 10 years. His expertise lies in planning, coordinating and directing tennis programs and events involving multiple entities. He has presented at United States Professional Tennis Association conventions, Professional Tennis Registry events and United States Tennis Association teacher conventions, and he has coached several World Tennis Associat ion, ATP players and nationally ranked juniors. Goodman runs Goodman Tennis out of Suwanee, Ga.
The GPTA’s purpose is to foster continuing education, community service, networking and social interaction of tennis teachers and coaches with a goal of raising the level of play in recreational and competitive tennis. GPTA activities include monthly membership meetings featuring new developments in continuing education, professional development of teaching pros and on-court drills and instruction. GPTA members are active in all aspects of Georgia tennis, ran ging from teaching in junior academies to coaching college teams. They coach teams that compete in city, district, sectional and national league play. As active players, GPTA certified professionals compete in sanctioned tournaments and contribute to charitable causes. They also volunteer for inner-city school programs, among other causes, and officiate in local and national championships. For further information or to find a GPTA pro in your area, visit gpta.com.
RSI.com News search
Latest RSI.com News
- TRX, TIA partner to launch TRX Cardio Tennis
- USTA and ESPN announce comprehensive partnership
- Gamma's new 60 Orange Dot and 78 Green Dot balls
- Laver to be honored with Eugene L. Scott Award
- Tennis Channel celebrates first decade with special
- Scheneiderman joins Tennis Channel
- Hewitt to play HoF Championships in July
- Venus and Roddick join WTT ownership
- Paola Longoria captures season title
- Tennis Channel statement on the passing of Drewett