What's on Your Business Learning Calendar?
What did you learn last week that will accelerate the continuous reinvention of yourself and your business in order to survive, compete, and prosper in today’s and tomorrow’s business environment? Approximately 800 PTR pros spent the last week in February at the annual PTR International Symposium attending on- and off-court seminars, networking, comparing best practices, and intermingling with the brightest minds in the tennis community. I was also lucky enough to attend and got to sit in on these sessions:
- Five 3-hour USTA Sport Science Courses: Sports Psychology, Biomechanics, Sports Medicine, Motor Learning, Physiology
- Keys to Mastering the Volley — Nick Saviano
- To Carb or Not to Carb? — Page Love
- Managing a Tennis Complex — Fernando Velasco
- Great Games for Teaching Strategy and Tactics — Ken DeHart
- Nutrition in Action — Dr. Sally Parsonage
- Resistance Training for Racquet Speed and Court Speed — Dr. Jeff Chandler
- How to Develop Young Kids into Champions — Robert Lansdorp
- Physiology of the Older Player — Dr. Ben Kibler, Dr. Peter Jokl, John Powless
- Recruiting and Hiring Tennis Pros — Greg Snow
- Games Galore and More! — Lisa Duncan
- From Tanking to Top Performance — Linda LeClaire
- How to Grow Your Tennis Business — Doug Cash
- Coaching Through Storytelling — Dr. Jim Loehr
- Playing Smart: With Mind, Not Just Muscle — Dr. Allen Fox
- Is Your Tennis Business Service Driven — Mark McMahon
- CardioTennis Extravaganza — TIA
- Strategies for Winning On Court and Off — Dr. Allen Fox
- Where on the Racquet to Hit for Maximum Power and Minimum Errors — Dr. Howard Brody
- Modern Tennis: Technical Solution for Tactical Problems — Brett Hobden
- The Calorie Counting Game — Dr. Bonita Marks
And, I missed many, many others, not being able to be everywhere at once!
If I were a teaching pro, retailer, club owner, stringer, etc., you would have to compete against me. Do you feel just an inkling of competitive disadvantage, inadequacy, or insecurity? No? Well how do you feel up against all those who have gone to every PTR Symposium, USPTA Conference, and many other educational conferences for the past 10 to 15 years? Have you ever wondered how these folks can afford to take an entire week or more away from work every year? Hmmm, do you think there is a connection?
See all articles by Crawford Lindsey
About the Author
RSI magazine search
RSI magazine articles
- Our Serve: Tennis … For Your Life!
- Industry News
- Retailing 120: Create an Extraordinary Tennis Shopping Experience
- Retailing: Retail Appeal
- Sports Apparel: Trends in High-Tech Fabrics
- Facility Managers: Building the Bridge Between Tennis and Fitness
- Footwear: Polish Up Your Shoe Sales
- Distinguished Facilities: Five Alive!
- Playtest: Gamma Moto 16